Thursday, August 19, 2010

Baking Day

I'm so glad that the heat wave is over that I spent the whole day celebrating by making things that required use of the oven. With the help of my little dude, of course. First we made crackers. Nothing like seeing that full cracker jar, especially with some good local cheddar in the fridge.



Then since I seem to be wanting sweets every day and every now and then I feel the need to believe they're healthy, we made these cookies.


They were a big winner--with me anyway. I've had about 5 already, and the Boodge has had two. I used maple syrup instead of the honey, and skipped the nuts--I used chopped up dates instead. And, who knew it, but olive oil. I've never baked with olive oil but there was no taste of it in the cookies, so I'll have to try it with other things.


Right now, the oven is on waiting for our pizza to go in. Yummmmm.


Thanks for letting up, heat wave. It's nice to use the oven again.

1 comment: