Monday, January 31, 2011

Don't Talk About the War

Yesterday's post totally violated a rule Sean and I held sacred in the Boodge's infant days.  "DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE WAR."   I'll be honest, I'm not even sure where that expression came from, or what it means...a friend said it one time when we were describing how the minute you say something like, "Oh, baby sleeps just fine" or, "No, we've never had any trouble with teething." or, "Oh, he naps 2 hours every day," that thing will change for the worse.  Just to keep you on your toes.  "Do not talk about the war," means, to us, when you are experiencing a "victory" with the baby, you try not to get smug about it or draw any attention to it at all.  Maybe it's similar to Bush's national security policies. You just keep it all to yourself, or the enemy may get some key information and change tactics. 

Yesterday I said Peanut had cried only a handful of times for more than 10-15 minutes.  Last night she cried for over an hour, from what I believe was her 8-day backed-up bum.  I got her some suppositories (I know, TMI for some of you) and solved her problem.  Did I mention in my blog post that she was a good sleeper? Cause yesterday, for the first time EVER, she woke up at 2:00 am and stayed awake.  She was up on her elbows, all, "Hey, Mom, you up? Thanks for that suppository, that was SO awesome! I feel like a million bucks now.  Wanna hear me try to giggle?"  Did I say how easy it is for her to get down to sleep? Today's nap took half an hour of fussing and changing positions. 

I just had to tell you, in case I can remind one of you, or maybe somehow, reverse the damage I have done. Don't talk about the war. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment