"Yes, your teachers are going to take good care of you."
He went in and: "Mom, they still have the sand table! Look what colour it is!" He planted himself at it and didn't look back. After two minutes or so it was clear I wasn't needed here and so I went to tell him good-bye.
"Hey buddy, I found out yet get to stay here two hours today, not just one like I thought."
"Wow!"
"OK, so I'm going to go now, I'll be back to pick you up in two hours."
"OK," not looking up from his play.
"I love you." I kissed him on the cheek, he didn't look up.
"OK."
And that was that. Choked up and happy and relieved Mama made her way out to Milli-Van. And now I am home. It's mighty quiet. I'm so proud of my confident, independent little guy. I hope these two hours go well enough that he wants to go back so easily next time. So far so good. I wonder what the pick up will be like.....
Here are some pictures:
| New lunchbox |
| Warning: Please remove backpack prior to buckling carseat. |
| That's a mighty big backpack. |
| Sand table!!! |
| And that's how we left him. |
No comments:
Post a Comment